Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Kick Start My (Spring-Loving) Heart

I've scoured the seed catalogs to an embarrassing degree. I've traipsed around the box store garden sections - looking through their meager winter supplies and tropical house plants. I've cataloged and re-cataloged my seed stash. I've plotted out seed-starting spreadsheets and sketched numerous, hopeful diagrams of this season's garden layouts.

But, I need more. Spring isn't getting here any faster.

For me, sometimes it can be as simple as a scent. And after the discovery of this perfume, several years ago, it became my spring-time in a bottle. It is my February and March. It is cheating, but I'll take it.

It's called Floret by Antonia's Flowers. And includes two tones that make me go ca-razy. Lily of the valley and sweet pea. When I'm at work and the man is getting me down - I just do a quick sniff of my wrist and I'm grounded again. It also has notes of marigold, apricot, rose and another huge favorite of mine - tuberose.

It is definitely on the pricey side - $55 for a 1.7 oz. spray (Antonia's Flowers offers $3 samples through their website). I was lucky, my super-thoughtful mom bought it for me a few years back for my birthday. But, it is the truest version of a sweet pea perfume that I have come across. And most importantly, when all is said and done, it makes the months of waiting for those actual sweet peas to bloom seem - not so bad after all.

No comments: