Monday, May 28, 2007

Life in Sugar Hollow - A Turkish Steam Bath

Gardened in a sauna this morning. Sheesh. Spring is officially over. It's soupy, oppressive-air time. And with it comes some version of heat rash. Big, unruly hair. Constant bug swatting and ensuing bugs bites. Sunburn. I am truly a vision this time of year. A vision.

But my tomatoes are all in, as are the peppers (sweet and hot). Corn and sunflowers are in the ground. Summer squash is sprouting.

As it gets hotter and hotter, I will turn to my container garden for solace and gardening fixes. This photo is of Blue Zephyr Brachyscome and Madeira Crested Pink Argyranthemum.

I'm off to soak in a shady river spot and sit on a cool, flat rock with a good book. Meh, who am I kidding. I'll probably fall asleep on that rock after reading one page, one paragraph. Mouth wide open. Oh, goodie. More bugs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shady river spot sounds like good recompense for the heat and humidity. I'd love to see a picture of it sometime. The Blue Ridge is so beautiful . . .

Tracey said...

Hi Pam!
I will take a photo - although my 'landscape' shots always fall short of what I am trying to capture . . . I'll do my best . . .

Wear Your Wild said...

I bet I'm purdier than you this time of year! :). I look and feel like a sweaty dirtbag most of the time.
Our weather sounds like it's mirroring yours~
I wish we were living up at Crystal Lake already. There's a rock there with my name on it~~~~~
I love that blue birdbath!

Tracey said...

I know it. Sometimes, my favorite part of the day is the indulgent end-of-the-day-shower.