Saturday, May 10, 2008

Book Tag MeMe

Dee of Red Dirt Ramblings included me in a fun and unique meme. While Dee chose a garden book - and I wish could include my favorite garden books (The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden), alas, both are out on loan.

Here's the deal-y-o.

Pick up a book of at least 123 pages
Open the book to page 123
Find the fifth sentence
Post the next three sentences
Tag five people

So, I pulled something from my present reading stack. My Life in France by Julia Child. I just finished it this morning and I feel like I was saying goodbye to a good friend. But as I write this, I can hear her voice and have her exclamations running through my head. "Ouf!" "Hooray!" "Bon appetit!" Which are a welcome, wholesome balance to other words that are running through my head these days - as I also have a present addiction to Deadwood. A-hem.

From Julia:

"One Wednesday, Paul came home to join us for lunch, and he brought Mary Parsons, the USIS librarian, who lived in the same hotel as Mary Ward. We served sole meuniere, a mixed salad with chopped hard-boiled eggs, and a dessert of crepes Suzettes flambees au Grand Marnier. As he watched us bustle about the kitchen, Paul was surprised to see how much fun both the students and teachers were having."

I tag anyone who would like to join in. I love seeing what other people are reading.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

I love, love, love Julia! I haven't finished the book yet, but am savoring my way through. And Deadwood? Don't get me started! I have about 4 episodes left from the final season. And I'm happy to post a book meme -- good stuff.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

I loved reading that book. And then I got the audiobook so we could hear it in the studio. Ditto on the Deadwood.
I'm going to post my book meme tonight.