Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Globe Trotting and Garden Hopping :: Blithewold





So I have this wish in which my mom and I meet up once-a-year or so at a spectacular part of the world for garden visits and explorations. With Willa in tow.

And since mom sent me a newspaper clipping earlier this month about Blithewold - Bristol, Rhode Island has officially made this wish list. To see a photo of its rose garden's stone archway fall out of my mom's note card was a much-needed reminder that spring will arrive. Eventually. And explorations lay waiting on the horizon. Yipee-kick.

Kristin Green, Blithewold's Interpretive Horticulturist (could there really be a cooler job?!), blogs about Blithewold and gardening here. She was kind enough to let me reprint these photos from the Blithewold website.

Because I thought you too, dear readers, could use a little garden pick-me-up amidst all of this snow, sleet and slush. Spring awaits, as it does every year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Blithewold made the list and am looking forward to meeting you and your mom whenever you make the trip! (and yeah, I think I probably do have the coolest job... - everyone should be so lucky)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tracy. Opening your page and seeing the first picture was like a breath of fresh air. I will definitely explore the website.

Betsy