Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Typing With One Hand





Thank goodness you can blog in your pajamas and typing can just require one hand.

We are in the middle of a big developmental stage for Samuel and it is hard on him. Lots of cuddling and feedings while he makes a great leap forward. I find that chocolate helps me cope with the fussing. During a somewhat pathetic moment the other night, I wearily glanced as a piece of a 100 Grand bar wrapper fell out of my shirt as I changed into my pajamas.

The plant sales have started. (The local Ruritans down the road were selling divisions from their own gardens - I scored a wiegela and a quince as well as some lily-of-the-valley, summer phlox and sedum. I'm going back this weekend for spiderwort, rose-of-sharon and shasta daisies.)

We spend time on the back deck (view from it is the first photo) on the glider - as the outside soothes us all.

The lilacs are from our own lilac {!}. Having them next to my side of the bed is a nice way to go to sleep and wake up (even if it is at 1 a.m., 3 a.m. and again at 6 a.m.).

And the moss. Just because moss is a favorite around here.

I have lots to do, but there is still time. The gardens will always be there. (Sam's early days will not. Which tears at my heartstrings.)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love lilacs. I have one that's been struggling for years. I suppose I should move it - but where to?
Lovely shots.

Tracey said...

Becky - Lots of sun - and then there is the old tale of lilacs thriving when they are close to the house/humans/families!