Friday, October 3, 2008

Recipe: Family-Friendly Butternut Squash and Pasta

I made this last night. I devoured it. Corey devoured it. And I can see why kids would devour it, too.

I added and sauteed onions a little bit, before cooking the butternut squash in that same pan. Also, I did half olive oil and half butter for the cooking 'fat' element. The butter is an important taste with the squash and the nutmeg.

Or so my Northerner sensibilities insist on telling me.

P.S. Don't skimp on the grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese.

2 comments:

zoe krylova said...

i'll have to try this. tashi loves butternut squash!

Cosmo said...

I've been catching up on your blog. The recipe sounds wonderful. I loved your pictures from Cape May--I used to visit every summer, and I miss our trips. It's a beautiful place--you must love having a house there. Willa's adorable--